The Preceptorship Program offers the senior student or a student who has earned a Doctor of Chiropractic degree but has not received a license yet with an opportunity to increase their clinical experience prior to entering into private practice.
The Preceptor or host DC will assist in the development of a new practitioner, who brings enthusiasm and a willingness to learn to the practice. This is a great opportunity for the intern and the experienced chiropractor.
The intern has the ability to work in a real-world setting under the supervision of an experienced supervising doctor. This enables them to gain a more complete understanding and development of their clinical, communication, and business skills including:
- Participating in additional clinical settings
- Increasing their exposure to various techniques and clinical practices
- Seeing firsthand how chiropractors handle the business of chiropractic
- Gaining practical experience upon which to plan and build their private chiropractic practice in the future
- Practicing (to the extent permitted by law) the knowledge and skills they have attained during their course and clinical work including adjusting, examination and clinical judgment.
- Discovering their professional strengths and weaknesses before embarking on their own career.
Please review the PDF materials carefully and use the enclosed check-off lists to ensure you have all the required documents for processing. If you are interested in participating in this program, contact Program Manager Yeissel Aguilar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 780-4500 ext. 4000.
The current processing time for applications is 30 days, and out-of-state and international applications may take longer.
Life Chiropractic College West
25001 Industrial Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545